Shopping Guidelines POST COVID
- face masks required
- social distancing requested
- fitting rooms OPEN
- if you are not feeling well, PLEASE visit us another day
- bring your own bag
Items not sold are donated to various missions.
We are accepting contact-less donations on the following days:
Tuesday, Thursday, & Saturday 10am – 1pm
(or until we are full)
Contactless Donation Guidelines
- Items must be in plastic or paper bags when placed in the donation cabinets.
- No boxes permitted.
- Items not accepted include books, toys, bulk baby items (swings, high chairs, cribs, strollers, etc.), sporting goods, and clothes that are damaged or dirty.
- Drop off will be contact-less. Drive up to the back door, place the bags directly into the white unlocked cabinets marked “Donation Bin” and drive away.
- There will be no entry into the building.
Thank you for adhering to our new donation process.
Download and print our tax receipt.
THRIFT SHOP COAT WEEK SIDEWALK SALE IN OCTOBER
Come Shop Coats during Coat Week-NEW INVENTORY EVERYDAY!
Tuesday, October 12th–Saturday, October 16th
COAT FACEBOOK LIVE SHOW
JLS Thrift Shop will be presenting a selection of children’s coats on Facebook LIVE.
Date/Time: Monday Oct 11, 2021, 1pm
Location: Junior League of Summit Thift Shop Facebook Page
The Junior League of Summit Thrift Shop, originally located on Springfield Avenue, was acquired from the Cooperative Service Association (Family Service) in 1933. In 1951, the shop moved to its current location at 37 DeForest Avenue and business flourished. As a result, the thrift shop established itself as a community partner, providing affordable merchandise to those in need. Today, it remains the oldest retail business in downtown Summit. Since its inception, the thrift shop has been owned and operated by the Junior League of Summit and all items for sale are donated to the shop by League members and the local community.
Who We Serve
The Junior League of Summit Thrift Shop is open to all members of our community and visitors. We offer new and gently used clothing and shoes for men, women, and children, as well as toys, decorative items, housewares, and small furniture. The shop is well-known for its incredible bargains on new and gently used, exceptional, high-quality merchandise.
Where the Proceeds Go
The funds raised at the Junior League of Summit Thrift Shop are used to support and develop local interests in the form of grants,
projects, scholarships, and programs. Over $3,000,000 has been returned to the community as a result of business generated at the shop.