Shopping Guidelines during COVID
- face masks required
- social distancing required
- fitting rooms closed
- no children under 10 and must stay with adult
- Please bring your own bag
- cash is accepted, credit cards are preferred
Store Capacity: 8 customers will be allowed in the store at one time. If the door is locked, we have reached capacity. To help prevent lines, please be mindful of how much time you spend in the store.
Lastly, if you aren’t feeling well or have traveled to a hot spot recently, please visit us on another day.
Items not sold are donated to various missions.
We are now accepting contact-less donations on the following days:
Thursday, 10am – 2pm (or until we are full)
Saturday, 10am – noon (or until we are full)
Contactless Donation Guidelines
- Items must be in plastic garbage bags and must be securely closed;
- No boxes or paper bags will be accepted. Bags not properly tied up will be discarded;
- Items not accepted include books, toys, bulk baby items (swings, high chairs, cribs, strollers, etc.), sporting goods, scarves, socks, underwear, and clothes that are damaged or dirty;
- Drop off will be contact-less. Drive up to the back door, place the bags directly into the bins marked “Donation Bin” and drive away;
- Social distance with your car: If another member is unloading when you arrive, please keep a safe distance behind and wait until the car pulls away before pulling up; and
- There will be no entry into the building.
Thank you for your donations and for helping to keep everyone safe.
Download and print our tax receipt.
The Junior League of Summit Thrift Shop, originally located on Springfield Avenue, was acquired from the Cooperative Service Association (Family Service) in 1933. In 1951, the shop moved to its current location at 37 DeForest Avenue and business flourished. As a result, the thrift shop established itself as a community partner, providing affordable merchandise to those in need. Today, it remains the oldest retail business in downtown Summit. Since its inception, the thrift shop has been owned and operated by the Junior League of Summit and all items for sale are donated to the shop by League members and the local community.
Who We Serve
The Junior League of Summit Thrift Shop is open to all members of our community and visitors. We offer new and gently used clothing and shoes for men, women, and children, as well as toys, decorative items, housewares, and small furniture. The shop is well-known for its incredible bargains on new and gently used, exceptional, high-quality merchandise.
Where the Proceeds Go
The funds raised at the Junior League of Summit Thrift Shop are used to support and develop local interests in the form of grants,
projects, scholarships, and programs. Over $3,000,000 has been returned to the community as a result of business generated at the shop.